Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rain, Rain....

Ok so this is a two sided post, neither of which is BDSM related (unless you count being enslaved by the PS3, which as a matter of pride, I don't). First of all, yesterday I got Heavy Rain for the PS3. OMG...I love this game. It is exactly what I have been looking for in a video game. Everything is based on a button pushing command system. There is no aiming and shooting, no ridiculously complicated menu to navigate. It is without a doubt the most immersive game I have ever played. At one point I was so sucked into it, I actually said ouch when my character accidentally cut himself on barbed wire. I love the mystery and the freedom of the world. You play as four separate characters all trying to solve the same murder case. The freedom of the world means that even if one of these characters dies, the story goes on without them. There is no real game over. I'm not even sure how many alternate endings there are. It is equal parts puzzle and action game with an excellent look and feel to it. Long story short, I highly recommend it.

Secondly, I am taking a much needed break. I played Heavy Rain for eight hours without a break last night, and then picked it up as soon as I woke up today. I think I need to chill for a bit without it (see above comment on enslavement). :P So when I took this break, the first thing I noticed was the extremely heavy rainfall outside. I couldn't help but wonder if there were any serial killers drowning children in it. I am beginning to think I may have a problem...video game overdose. For which, unfortunately, the cure is play more until you can't stand to even look at the system. I can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment